Humboldt Steelhead Days will host a fishing event on Sunday, January 27 from 10am to 2pm in Blue Lake at Prasch Hall Community Center at Perigot Park for anglers of all ages.
The California Department of Fish & Wildlife and RMI Outdoors in conjunction with the annual HSD Fishing Contest will be donating a live trout pond and live fish where participants can learn how to catch a trout and then take it home! There will roughly be 200 fish to catch, so first come first serve. This will be an indoor/outdoor event, rain or shine.
• Humboldt Steelhead Days will have some volunteer, guest fishermen on hand as well as some reps from CA Dept of Fish & Wildlife, and HSU. They will show you the basics of fishing, knot tying how to rig a pole, and have a dissection station.
• There will be kids activity stations and other fishy games for the kids.
• RMI Outdoors will provide some rods and reels.
If you plan on taking your trout home, bring a zip lock bag, ice and a cooler.
• Thank you to City of Blue Lake Parks & Rec department for donating Prasch Hall for the day.
• Thank you to Mad River Radio: 99.1 KISS FM, 106.7 FM THE EDGE and THE MIX 95.1 FM for you generous support and help.
• Thank you to Blue Lake Rancheria and the Playstation 777 for donating the ice!
• The Kind Beef Jerky Company will also have a table there, so you can try their new flavors.
Visit them on Facebook for more information.
• Cy and Humboldt HotDogs cart as well as the Sistahs Vegan Truck will be there so you can feed the kiddos.
• There will also be a beer garden for the adults 21 years and older. Must show I.D.
This event generously sponsored by Coast Central Credit Union!
If you would like to co-sponsor this family friendly event, please visit the Sponsor & Donate page
on this website. Click here!
If your business or organization would like to table at this event, shoot us a email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on image below to enlarge.