Humboldt Steelhead Days will host a fishing event on Sunday, January 27 from 10am to 2pm in Blue Lake at Prasch Hall Community Center at Perigot Park for anglers of all ages. The California Department of Fish & Wildlife and RMI Outdoors in conjunction with the annual HSD Fishing Contest will be donating a trout pond and live fish where participants can learn how to catch a trout and then take it home!
• Humboldt Steelhead Days will have some guest fishermen on hand as well as some reps from CA Dept of Fish & Wildlife, that will show you the basics of fishing, knot tying how to rig a pole, how to cast and how to catch fish.
• Reps from NOAA will also have an activity station and there will be other fishy games for the kids.
• RMI Outdoors will provide some rods and reels or you can bring your own rig. If you plan on taking your trout home, bring a zip lock bag, ice and a cooler. Suggested $10 donation.
• There will also be a beer garden for the adults 21 years and older. Must show I.D. All proceeds will help fund HSD Year #6.
• The Kind Beef Jerky Company will also have a table there, so you can try their new flavors. Visit them on Facebook for more information.
• There will be HSD gear for purchase: Hoodies, Hats, Tank Tops and T-shirts.
Contact the founder of HSD, Mad River Alliance for more info: Click here
If your business or organization would like to table at this event, shoot us a email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to sponsor this family friendly event, please visit the Sponsor & Donate page on this website. Click here!