Saturday, Jan. 19, 2019 is the Kick Off Party and the the first day of the Humboldt Steelhead Days #6 fishing contest! The contest runs until Saturday, Feb. 23, 2019 (2pm cut off) with an awards ceremony on Saturday, Feb. 23 at Mad River Brewing Co., in Blue Lake, CA.
Contest Dates: January 19 to February 23, 2019
Open to all registered anglers and tackle types.
Three Biggest Hatchery (adipose fin absent) Fish Contest on both the Mad & Trinity rivers, plus Steelhead Fishing photo contest
Here’s what you do:
- Register by submitting a $10 fee/donation under the Sign Up tab on this website or register by mail by downloading the (Click Here) online form. Enclose your $10 check and make it out to Mad River Alliance (non-profit founder of the event).
- Catch a hatchery steelhead. Lay a measurement device along your fish nose to tail (we need to see a photo of your fish with the tape along the whole body, from head to tail). Take a photo of the fish and tape. Submit your photo to the HSD Facebook page with the hashtag #humboldtsteelheaddays or #HSD and include your name, and photo details: the measurement, where and when the photo was taken. Or you can email them to email@example.com. The 3 biggest hatchery fish measured, photographed and submitted will win prized donated by the HSD sponsors and partners. Even if you don’t catch a steelhead, you can submit your “steelhead fishing” photo to HSD to be entered into the photo contest to win a prize. Two categories: A) Any generic steelhead fishing photo and B) Take your kids fishing photo
- Be a good sport. Submit photos of hatchery fish from the Mad & Trinity rivers, caught between January 19 – February 23, 2019 (2pm cut off). All photos will become the property of Humboldt Steelhead Days. Contact us for more info or to volunteer for the event, leave a message on the HSD Google Voice Mail # (707) 502-2280
- HSD will repost your photos on HSD social media pages and website. A leaderboard will be kept on HSD website and the HSD Facebook page under the Notes section. Winners will be announced at the End of the Run Party on Feb. 23 at Mad River Brewing Co. Winners will be contacted either by cell phone or by email prior to the event.
- HSD organizers have the right to change or modify the contest rules at any time prior to the event start.
If you catch a wild steelhead (adipose fin present), please keep it submerged in the river. You can send us a photo and we’ll post to our social media. #keepemwet
You must register by making a $10 donation to Humboldt Steelhead Days either by mail with a downloadable form, by clicking here. Or by registering online below. You can also register at these locations: RMI Outdoors, Mad River Tackle, or Mad River Brewing Co., in person. There are sign up sheets under the counters.
Uh, oh! Looks like we've hit a road block
Following requirement(s) are not met, I can not continue. 🙁
- - PHP extension mcrypt is not enabled on server.